Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lightning Bolt is the best!

I mean, I already knew they were awesome, but here is a story:  So, Lightning Bolt is going to be in Portland on Sunday.  They are playing a show at Holocene, which is a 21 and over venue.  I was very disappointed, considering I am not 21.  So I sent an e-mail to the address on their website.  Basically I said that I would love it if the next time they come to Portland if they played an all ages show.  Almost immediately, their booking agent e-mailed me back and said it was all ages.  I was very stoked.

So I replied that Holocene says all shows are 21+ unless otherwise listed, and their show is not otherwise listed.  The booking agent said he would get that fixed.  Unfortunately, he replied that it is too short notice and must stay 21+, but the booking agent said he would try to convince them to let me in.  Unfortunately, Holocene said I was not allowed in.

All and all, I learned two things.  First is that it takes a certain kind of asshole to run an exclusively 21+ concert venue (but I already knew that pretty much).  Second, is Lightning Bolt and those affiliated with Lightning Bolt are good people.  Although I am disappointed I cannot go, the fact that he tried to individually let me in, when the venue did not want me in, was such an awesome act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment