Thursday, April 14, 2011

Charlie Sheen - April 13, 2011




Here's a link to my latest episode
(it starts around a minute in)


Playlist:

Neutral Milk Hotel - "My Dream Girl Don't Exist"
Live at Aquarius Records (1996)

Galaxie 500 - "Strange"
On Fire (1989)

Tom Waits - "Singapore"
Rain Dogs (1985)

Avey Tare - "3 Umbrellas"
Down There (2010)

The Tallest Man on Earth - "Troubles Will Be Gone"
The Wild Hunt (2010)

Das Racist - "All Tan Everything"
Sit Down, Man (2010)

Marnie Stern - "For Ash"
Marnie Stern (2009)

Rites of Spring - "For Want Of"
End on End (1985)

Message to Bears - "At the Top of this Hill"
Departures (2009)

Lightning Bolt - "Longstockings"
Wonderful Rainbow (2003)

The National - "Lemonworld"
High Violet (2010)

I Would Set Myself on Fire for You - "So This is Our Home"
... Believes in Patterns (2006)

Daniel Johnston - "True Love Will Find You in the End"
1990 (1990)

What I talked about:

- The blogosphere is hyping up Panda Bear's Tomboy, so I played a song from Avey Tare's Down There.


- Das Racist was in town while my show was going on, so I played a song.

- I played Marnie Stern for my friend Jake.

- Saturday is both National Record Store Day, and the first day of the Stumptown Comics Fest!

- Lightning Bolt has hella cool managers, who tried to get me into a 21+ show to see the band.  The venue wouldn't budge though.

- I wasn't going to play the National, but I was feeling High Violet, so I did.

- Daniel Johnston is manic depressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment