Friday, April 22, 2011

Charlie Sheen - April 20th, 2011

LISTEN HERE!

Songlist:


Joie de Vivre - "Magnet"
Summer Months (2009)

The Fresh & Onlys - "Peacock & Wings"
The Fresh & Onlys (2009)

Panda Bear - "Surfer's Hymn"
Tomboy (2011)

The Antlers - "Kettering"
Hospice (2009)

Flying Lotus - "Intro/A Cosmic Drama"
Cosmogramma (2010)

Balmorhea - "Remembrance"
All is Wild, All is Silent (2009)

Wonder Bear - "Solar Pond"
Golden Years EP (2010 [I think])

Sufjan Stevens - "Heirloom"
All Delighted People EP (2010)

Tame Impala - "Why Don't You Make Up Your Mind?"
Innerspeaker (2010)

Simon & Garfunkel - "Kathy's Song"
The Sound of Silence (1965)

Snowing - "Pump Fake"
Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit (2009)

Aphex Twin - "Girl/Boy Song"
Richard D. James Album (1996)

The Drums - "Down by the Water"
The Summertime EP (2009)


What I talked about:

- Joie de Vivre's album Summer Months is similar to American Football's s/t thematically, and musically.  But within the realm of emo they aren't that similar.  Hear for yourself though.

- I played Panda Bear after trolling you guys last week.

- I love The Antlers so much.

- My friend Tyler likes Flying Lotus and my friend Kirk likes Balmorhea.

- Wonder Bear is a band that the blogosphere is not buzzing about, but I played them anyway because it is actually a decent EP and more people should hear it.

- Tame Impala was in town the night of my show.  It would have been really fun to see them, but I played a song of there's instead.

- They play The Drums song "Down by the Water" as house music at the Wonder Ballroom in between sets all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment