Sunday, April 10, 2011

Superjail!


I have no idea how I am just now seeing Superjail!.  I watched the whole first season last week and it is very impressive animation.  Even though John K hates everything, I think he would genuinely like this show's animation.  Simply put, it is one of the most fun cartoons to straight up just look at.

The premise is simple.  Something happens, which acts as pretext for an increasing amount of violence, until the show climaxes is a huge, bloody free for all.  Yet, such a seemingly rigid structure is actually quite liberating.  The reason is this show flourishes when showing off absurd, interesting, and unique scenes of violence.  With most cartoons, that structure would get old, but Superjail! functions as a showcase of visual absurdity.

I have a lot to say about Superjail!, but that is all I have to say for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment